Safeguarding Our Guests
Before You Get Here
- Guest safety and wellbeing protocols
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. Ensuring a safe, clean and inviting environment is the core of our commitment to providing the highest level of hospitality. In response to COVID-19, we have been closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization statements and recommendations regarding a broad spectrum of viruses, including coronavirus (COVID-19). We have initiated and will maintain industry-leading and scientifically driven elevated cleanliness standards to safeguard the wellbeing of our guests and colleagues.
Our comprehensive strategies based on the latest guidance include utilizing hospital-grade cleaners and best practices designed to prevent the spread of viruses. These strategies will be updated regularly to reflect the most current technology available. On a daily basis, we are working to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness for our guests' overall safety. Our guests can relax and enjoy their vacation.
The safety of our guests begins with keeping our hotel associates safe. Our devoted team has developed a multi-pronged approach to address including a refined education program and ongoing mandatory training for all staff which emphasizes cleanliness and disinfecting standards in addition to personal and guest safety. Our staff will practice social distancing standards and utilize PPE at all times while at work.
As an added measure of protection, our staff has participated in personal hygiene, health, and social distancing training pertaining to the workplace and home to promote better wellbeing as they return to work. Before beginning their shifts, employees will have their temperatures taken to ensure they are below 100.4 and they will wear PPE including masks and gloves as appropriate for their duties while on shift.
Here are just some of the general safeguards that we have deployed to keep our guests safe so they can enjoy their vacation at our hotel:
- Guest Rooms
Housekeeping will maintain the practice of daily service. However, guests may request that housekeeping services be delayed up to a maximum of 3 days. During the time that housekeeping services are performed, we ask that guests vacate the room in order to practice social distancing and other safety protocols. Cleaning and disinfecting protocols will require that particular attention is paid to high-touch, hard nonporous items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handle, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, and luggage racks. Certain decorative high-touch items, including decorative pillows, bed throws, and runners may be removed from the rooms if we feel we are unable to properly disinfect them during routine housekeeping services.
Kitchen items including utensils, silverware, pots, pan, plates, cups, glasses, blender jars and sanitized upon each guest checkout prior to the suite being available to the next guest.
In the event of a presumptive case of COVID-19, the affected guest room will be removed from service until undergoing an enhanced cleaning and disinfecting utilizing EPA-approved products within CDC guidelines. If we are alerted to a case of COVID-19 at the hotel, we will immediately coordinate with the relevant health authorities to obtain facts and guidance on steps to take with both guests and associates. We will perform additional cleaning and disinfecting protocols for the common areas of the hotel as well as the areas we know the guest has been in during their stay. In addition, we will seal the guest's room (e.g., preventing entry by staff or others) and perform a room recovery protocol that is designed to disinfect everything in the room.
The fitness room will be outfitted with a disinfecting station providing equipment wipes, hand sanitizer, and a spray bottle filled with disinfectant to further clean the equipment.
Front desk agents will utilize appropriate PPE including gloves, face mask, and desktop sneeze guards while practicing social distancing. Guests will be encouraged to use contactless payment methods. All guest touch points will be disinfected after each transaction, including credit card devices, pens, registration countertops, and room keys.
- Hotel Associates
- Temperature checks - Prior to starting their work shifts all employees will have their temperature taken. Employees' temperatures that continually trend higher or that are equal to or greater than 100.4°F degrees shall be sent home for medical attention.
- Illness - All staff should stay home if they are sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness. They will be sent home if symptoms develop during their shifts.
- Social Distancing - We have implemented social distancing measures in all public, and back-of-house areas (behind the scenes) of the hotel.
- Personal Protection Equipment - All hotel associates are required to wear face masks and gloves. Guests are encouraged to do so as well.
- Sanitizer Stations- Hand sanitizer has been provided throughout the public and back-of-house areas of the hotel for associates to use.
- Hand Hygiene - Associates have been trained and are reminded to conduct proper and frequent handwashing with soap and water and in situations where soap /water is not available alcohol-based sanitizer shall be used. Hand washing is mandatory
- BEFORE: shift, eating food,
- AFTER: use of the bathroom, nose-blowing, coughing, sneezing, handling guest credit cards or other guest possessions, handling garbage, and
- BEFORE/DURING/AFTER: all food preparation
We're Flexible. Travel Whenever.
We know you're ready to reconnect with the world. So, in uncertain times, we keep things flexible. Life happens, things change. Plan your family travel or a weekend getaway with confidence at Hotel Name.
- Flexible change and upgrade policy.
- No cancellation fees for individual reservations will be able to change or cancel without charge up to 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- Contactless payment and check-out
Play and Stay Local
- Duval Street
- Key West Lighthouse
- South Beach /Atlantic Ocean
- Truman Little White House
- Fort Zachary Taylor
We encourage all guests and employees to continue to take precautions, including frequent hand washing, social distancing, and covering coughs and sneezes to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. More prevention measures may be found on the CDC website.
Wishing you good health and safe travels!